Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY Edible Glitter


A few weeks ago I was browsing the pages of Pinterest when I came
across a tutorial on how to make edible glitter. Of course I had to try it! 
Here is my step by step attempt at making edible glitter:

Step One:
Measure out 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of food coloring.

Step Two: Mix together sugar and food coloring in a bowl.

Tip: Watch out when you're mixing. If the coloring gets on your clothes it isn't coming out. My fingers were stained blue for an entire day.

Step Three: Lay out tin foil onto cooking sheet, then spread out the mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Step Four: After you take the mixture out of the oven, you need to grind it up, so it becomes fine. 


This project didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. My end result looked more like colored sugar than edible glitter, but maybe you will have better luck. Let me know if there is something I am missing!


4 comments:

  1. I thought that you actually


    had to use the real glitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm if u used real glitter then its nit edible

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/2 cup of coloring???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you mean 1/2 teaspoon of food coloring

    ReplyDelete