Monday, November 12, 2012

Sunday shows: Once Upon A Time

I'm not going to pretend I spend all of my free time doing super productive work. Confession: I'm addicted to television. In my house there is at least one TV on about 80% of the time I'm there. The other 20% I'm either sleeping or the power has gone out. No lie, sometimes I even prop my ipad up so I can watch a show or part of the movie while I'm in the tub. I am aware that it has gotten a little out of hand. Needless to say I schedule my week around my shows (always recordable if something urgent comes up). My week of TV starts Sunday, with a list of 5 shows on that night alone. Show #1 of the night is Once Upon A Time!
The series takes place in the fictional town of Storybrooke, Maine, where the residents are actually characters from various fairy tales. They were transported to Storybrooke by a powerful curse cast by the Evil Queen. The town's only hope to return home is Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), the daughter of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming. She is the only person who can break the curse and restore the characters' lost memories.

Now in Season 2 the curse is broken, and everyone has regained their memory. However, Emma and Snow where accidentally transported back to the magical storybook land, leaving behind Price Charming and Emma's son Henry. Now the new quest is to get back to their loved ones in Storybrooke, but they have to find a way first.

Check out the preview for Season 2:
Each episode focuses on a characters back story, so it's easy to jump into. This week was the story of Little Red Riding Hood. The show flip flops from past events in the characters lives to present day where to past information helps put together the puzzle that is this show. Basically this show is magical and I love it. Check it out Sundays at 8/7central on ABC!

No comments:

Post a Comment