Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bad Christmas Music

The Christmas season is upon us! Of course, with the season comes 24 hour a day, 7 days a week Christmas music on the radio. Recently, while rocking out to some Jingle Bells in the car an unexpected discussion came about. The topic: most hated Christmas songs. It's holiday music, but lets be honest, not every song fills you with the joy of the season. Some songs just force you too immediately change the station before you end up wanting to rip your ears off.

My #1 hated Christmas song: The Christmas Shoes
If you haven't had the joy/misery of listening to The Christmas Shoes here you go: 

If that video isn't enough for you, there is a whole movie based on this song.
Spoiler Alert: The mom still dies and it's equally as depressing.

My reasons for hating The Christmas Shoes:

1. It's the most depressing song I've ever heard in my life.
I like Holiday music to put a little jingle in my step, not make me want to cry.

2. The countless things that don't make sense in this song.
Why is this boy shopping alone?
How did he get to the store?
Why didn't he ask his Dad for the money?
How does he get home?
Why isn't his mom in the hospital?
Why isn't he worried about stranger danger?

3. The kids singing.
Something about it creeps me out.

4. The mom dies.
Maybe it's just me, but death doesn't give me Christmas cheer.
Her "meeting Jesus tonight" doesn't make it any better.

6 comments:

  1. Can't stand this one: Drummer Boy. What a depressing tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most depressing Christmas song ever! I like that you point out "death doesn't bring me Christmas cheer". Does it bring anyone Christmas cheer? The Grinch maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard this before - you are right, it is depressing. His voice is better, though, than the person that tried to sing this to me a few nights ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what you're talking about. I have the voice of an angel!

      Delete