Thursday, January 24, 2013

DIY Glitter Frame

I have a million cheap little black frames packed away in a closet. I bought them a few years ago to decorate my college dorm room. They're cheap and awful, but were totally acceptable to be sticky taped to the cinder block walls of my dorm room. However, when you take them out of that environment they don't look so hot. I have no idea why I still have them, but why do I have half the things I own? Like a Lady Gaga singing toothbrush, the clapper light, and a leopard print snuggie. All are questionable purchases, but still totally necessary. One day I found myself determined to bring these black frames back into my life. I picked the obvious solution...glitterize!

      What you need
                                                                                    1. Ugly cheap black frame
                                                                                    2. Mod Podge
                                                                                    3. Sponge brush
                                                                                    4. GLITTER!


                                                 STEP ONE: Coat your frame with a layer of Mod Podge.
                                                 STEP TWO: Throw some glitter on it.
                                                 WAIT TILL DRY!
                                                 STEP THREE: Put another layer of Mod Podge on top to seal in the glitter.
                                                 Guess What? Now you're done.

I think it makes a great addition to my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment