Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY Candlestick Apothecary Jars

I saved these candlesticks from being sent to Goodwill, and gave them new life!

Supplies: candlesticks, jars or vases, decorative rocks, glue.
My candlesticks were obviously free. I got these vases at Hobby Lobby during a 1/2 price glass sale for about $2 each. My rocks also came from Hobby Lobby. The whole bag was only about $3 and it was more than enough. The glue I used was Tacky Glue that holds really well.

Basically, all I did was glue my vases to the top of my candlesticks. After they dried I filled them with the various things I keep in my bathroom to be organized and displayed.


Below is the finished product that now resides in my bathroom corner. I filled one with rocks to keep my makeup brushes in. The second one is filled with cotton balls and Q-tips. For the last one, I filled it about half way with rocks and then put my bracelets on top. It nice to have the rocks so I don't have to reach all the way down there. The edge of the vase also doubles as great earring storage!

No comments:

Post a Comment